When there is imbalance in this energy center, you will become overly dependent on others due to a perpetual feeling of confusion. Additionally, your feelings will be repressed and you will find yourself unable to feel true happiness. This may manifest itself as you will begin to be uncomfortable with your sexuality and may even develop a fear of sex and sensuality. Frustration and a general sense of bitterness toward others will usurp your demeanor.
Common Problems & Symptoms
When there’s a problem with the Sacral Chakra, you’re likely to feel bored, listless and uninspired. You may have a low sex drive, and you’ll possibly feel afraid of (or resistant to) change. Physical symptoms associated with a blocked Sacral Chakra can include urinary discomfort, increased allergies and an attraction to addictive behaviors.
A closed sacral chakra can shut you off from opportunities and stifle your creativity. You may feel isolated or numb, and disconnected from your emotions and the people around you. People with closed sacral chakras often try to compensate by being overly controlling or abusive. On the other hand, an overactive sacral chakra can lead to mood disorders like depression and bipolar disorder. If your sacral chakra is overactive, you may feel needy and need constant reassurance. You may be creative and active, but have no confidence in your work and be unable to accept criticism.
Some of the most common sacral chakra problems and symptoms include the items on this list:
- Feeling easily offended
- Lack of creative inspiration
- Fear of change
- Guilt about the past
- Low self-worth
- Addictive behaviors (including the unhealthy use of drugs or alcohol, but also extending to behaviors like excessive spending, sexual compulsions, gambling problems, and overeating).
Physical manifestations of a troubled sacral chakra include the following:
- Low energy
- Reduced libido
- Bladder discomfort
- Worsened allergy symptoms
Stones & Crystals
The chakra color for Swadhisthana is orange and it is tied to the moon, so orange and yellow gems are good for opening the sacral chakra. Gems in opposite colors can be used to soothe an overactive sacral chakra.
Crystals that open and activate the second chakra include:
- Orange and coral calcite
- Orange carnelian
- Orange adventurine
Orange calcite and citrine both have cleansing properties, which can help clear a blockage in the chakra. Coral calcite is often used in distance healing because of its amplifying qualities.
- Orange carnelian is a wonderful sacral healing crystal. It will clear and heal this chakra, bolster your intuition, give you more accurate “gut feelings” and energize you. A bracelet made with orange and red carnelian stones will activate your sacral and root chakras.
- Golden and yellow citrine is a lovely crystal that heals the sacral chakra. It will help you become more decisive, creative and energetic. This crystal also heals the solar plexus chakra.
- Golden brown tiger’s eye is an excellent healing crystal for the sacral chakra. It will energize you, rev up your sex drive, balance you emotionally, physically and spiritually and help you feel more flexible. Tiger’s eye is also a wonderful gemstone for the root and solar plexus chakras.
- Spessartine garnet is an orange type of garnet that is wonderful for the sacral chakra. It will bring your sexuality, creativity and artistic talents alive with a vengeance. Do not use too much of this lovely orange crystal as it can be a bit overwhelming. One or two small spessartine gemstones in a bracelet or ring or a small tumble stone or worry stone for meditation should do the trick.
Here are some sacral chakra affirmations to try:
- “I deserve to experience pleasure and have my needs met.”
- “I am confident that what I offer the world is enough.”
- “It is safe to express my sexual self in fun, creative and healthy ways.”
- “I attract relationships with loving, good people who will support me.”
- “I know I can embrace change and make the best of my future.”
- “Every day, I experience more and more joy and satisfaction.”
- “I am full of inspiration and the potential for creation.”
- “My body is vibrant, and I am comfortable inside it.”
- “I am a strong, creative person and I love what I create.”
- “I am ready for positive change and for deep personal growth.”