UPDATED: March 24, 2023
At Onyeka Tefari, I understand that unanticipated events occur in everyone’s life. Unforeseen events such as sick children, car problems, traffic considerations, business meetings, and project deadlines, are just a few reasons why one might consider canceling a massage appointment.
In my commitment to provide a unique and outstanding massage experience to all clients and out of consideration for my therapists’ time, Onyeka Tefari has adopted the following policies:
ARRIVAL TO YOUR SESSION
Please arrive for your appointment(s) 10 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time. All services offered have a specific time schedule and a slightly early arrival allows for a relaxed and unhurried experience. If late arrival is inevitable, your service(s) may be shortened in order to keep on schedule. Every client is important to us and since our sessions are for the full allotted time billed, I want to be able to keep everyone on schedule which helps keep everyone’s lives a little more stress free.
Please be freshly showered and scent free when you arrive for your massage session.
- At Onyeka Tefari I have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Appointments that are made same day are subject to the paying 85% of full price of the visit for a no show. The reason for this is we are already within the 24 hour cancellation period when the appointment was booked.
- There will be a cancellation fee of 50% for any sessions not canceled within the 24 hour time frame.
- Multiple services (of two or more) require 48 hours cancellation notice.
- If you are more than fifteen (15) minutes late for your scheduled time you are considered a no show.
- The No Show fee is applied when a client does not cancel the appointment ahead of the appointment time.
- All No Shows will be charged 85% of the total cost of the appointment, you will be required to pay in full for all future appointments.
- A credit card will be required for all on-line scheduled appointments and for all first time appointments to guarantee and reserve that time for you.
- Your card will not be charged at the time of reservation, however you may use it to pay for services at the completion of your appointment.
- If you need to make a change to your reservation on the day of the service, such as moving the appointment time, a fee may be applied due to limited availability.
- If you are booking your massage within 24 hours of the actual appointment, there is no cancellation and you will be charged 85% the full amount of the appointment.
- If a client fails to cancel within 24 hours multiple times (2 or more), they will be asked to pre-pay for future services.
- Please note if you are using a voucher of any kind your voucher is subject to be redeemed and void and a fee of the difference between your voucher price and the actual price of the service can be charged to your card.
Remember, we value our time as well as yours, and there are many clients looking for appointments at the last minute. Cancellations or no-shows do cost us money. We are not only here to help you feel better but to make a living as well. Your business and health are both of importance to us.
LATE ARRIVAL POLICY
To be fair and courteous to my other clients and staff, appointments will be automatically canceled 15 minutes after scheduled start time and charged according to cancellation policy. We regret that late arrivals will not receive extension of scheduled appointments. In special cases, and when the schedule will allow, we may be able to accommodate a partial or full appointment. This will be at our discretion and only with proper, advanced notification of your late arrival.
- We do not offer refunds on payments or deposits made to reserve a package or any off site chair massage, spa services, or any type of out-call services.
- No refunds will be provided for deposits or monies paid or cancellations received less than 24 hours before a scheduled appointment.
- Cancellations received more than 1 week prior to the scheduled appointments or events are eligible for a 50% refund, and cancellations received less than 1 week prior to a scheduled event are eligible for a 25% refund.
- The owner(s) reserve the right to make the final decision on any and all refunds issued.
- We recognize that therapists, estheticians, and clients are vulnerable to infections and given that we ask clients to cancel appointments when they are feeling unwell we will do the same for you.
- If you have any of the following contagious illnesses the massage session will be rescheduled:
- Vomiting, Fever
- Sore Throat
- Poison Ivy
- Chicken Pox
- Head Lice
- Common Cold
For any illness that is or could be contagious please reschedule your appointment as soon as you are feeling ill.
Sexual misconduct is forbidden. Client understands that any illicit or sexually aggressive remarks, advances or gestures will result in the immediate termination of the session and client will be liable for full payment of the scheduled appointment.
RESPECT FOR CLIENT NEEDS AND BOUNDARIES
- leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort
- refuse any massage methods
- stop massage at any time and is free to leave
- the therapy door is never locked.
- Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated. They will be viewed as solicitation, and reported to the proper authorities if the therapist chooses, under the guidelines of the massage therapy policies and procedures. The client will not be rescheduled if this occurs, but will be banned from scheduling future appointments.
- The breast and genital area will not be massaged under any circumstances. Permission will be asked before working close to these areas; otherwise, a professional distance will be maintained.
- Low back, hip & gluteal area will be massaged only with permission, and can be worked through the draping if requested.
- Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist or esthetician is NEVER appropriate.
- On rare occasions an involuntary sensual response to massage is natural and will subside on its own in a few moments.
- We do not provide services to anyone under the age of 17 without a signed intake form from parent/legal guardian.
- Parent/legal guardian must be present for first session and must be the one to schedule the appointment(s) after the first session.
- Parent/legal guardian must be present in the room for anyone under the age of 16.
- We have the right to refuse service and therapist or client may end the session at anytime.
- If therapist ends session due to Sexual Misconduct full payment is due.
- If the therapist feels at any point their safety is compromised, the session will be stopped immediately and authorities may be called and full payment is due.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONVERSATION
- The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
- We are happy to listen to your conversation and share our professional expertise.
- We prefer to not discuss topics of a political or private nature.
EXISTING AND NEW MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- It is the responsibility of the client to keep the therapist/esthetician informed of any medical treatment or medications currently being taken, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that the service may be continued.
- The client must also keep the massage therapist or esthetician informed of any changes in health conditions.
- If you don’t tell us we won’t know.
These policies and procedures are subject to change at any time.
Last Updated: March 24, 2023 At 10:00PM PST