What are they?
Fibroids are compact tumors made of smooth muscle cells and fibrous connective tissue, They grow inside the cavity, within the walls, and outside of the uterus. Fibroids are very common, and it is estimated that 20 to 50 percents of women of reproductive age have fibroids. In about 99 percent of fibroid cases, the tumors are non cancerous. They are not associated with cancer or do not increase a woman’s risk of developing uterine cancer. Fibroids sizes can range from the size of a pea to the size of a softball or small grapefruit. It isn’t clear what causes fibroids.
Who is at risk?
It is not clearly known what causes fibroids to develop, but there is some belief that their growth can be influenced by estrogen levels. The groups of women who are at highest risk of developing fibroids include women who are approaching menopause because of their long exposure to high levels of estrogen. Additionally, women who are obese and of African-American heritage have shown to be at an increased risk.
What are some of the symptoms?
Some women do not know that they have fibroids as there aren’t any symptoms present or they are very mild. Other women have more severe symptoms that are disruptive . Some of the common symptoms of uterine fibroids include:
- Heavy or prolonged menstrual periods
- Abnormal bleeding between menstrual periods
- Pelvic pain (caused as the tumor presses on pelvic organs)
- Frequent urination
- Low back pain
- Pain during intercourse
- A firm mass, often located near the middle of the pelvis, which can be felt by the physician
My services seem to be helping
I provide both womb/fertility massage and vaginal steam packages that are aimed at promoting reproductive health. Many of my clients have reported having much improvement after following our treatment plan that combines massage and vaginal steaming. Some of the things they notice include:
- more regular periods – they are closer to 18 – 28 days
- decreased duration from 7-10 days of heavy menstrual periods down to 5 days
- Elimination of the brown spotting before their menstrual period
- Reduced or no inflamed feeling in the lower abdomen
- Only occasional pain with bowel movement
- Reduced or complete elimination of clots during menstrual period. With this the clots are much smaller and/or completely gone.
It is truly an honor to be able to work with others, and see the results we are seeing. This post is not a claim that my services cure fibroids, but from the feedback received by my clients, they do feel relief for their condition. If you would like to schedule a free consult or know someone who can use some relief, please email me at info@https://onyekatefari.com/ or text me at (858) 258-3198 to set something up!